2020 Topics and Calendars
This year we will be utilizing an 8 module trauma-informed Resource Parent Training Developed by The National Traumatic Stress Network. The curricula begins in February and will conclude In September. We will end the year with 3 additional trainings developed by VMS Family Counseling Services.
The goal of this curricula is to educate resource parents about the impact of trauma on the development and behavior of children in foster care to provide resource parents with the knowledge and skills needed to:
• Respond appropriately to the behavioral and emotional challenges of traumatized children
• Help traumatized children develop healthy attachments
• Help traumatized children recognize and develop their strengths
• Help traumatized children develop the coping strategies needed to grow into healthy and functional adults
• Take care of themselves and seek support from others